Remote Radio Unit of TD-LTE wireless basestation (Ericsson)
- Conducted Black Box Test (Radio Performance), White Box Test (Trouble shooting), Environmental and Certificate Tests in the development of RRU
- Led a team of 3-5 persons in developing in-house radio automatic test software, trained and supported co-workers in using it for R&D, which brough 10x increase in testing efficiency.
Motorola WiMAX (802.16e) Basestation Beamforming System (ArrayComm)
- Developed commercial Multi-Antenna System (beamforming and MU-MIMO)
- Developed MIMO calibration system
NEC PasoWings WiMAX Base-station PHY (ArrayComm)
- Developed commercial physical layer software on many-core DSP + ARM System-On-Chip.
- Implemented uplink equalizer and protocols (channel coding, de-interleaving, Cyclic Redundancy Check).
- Quality of Services (QoS) optimization through task scheduling improvement.
Software Defined Radio Receiver (Master Thesis)
- Designed 20MHz multi-antenna channelized receiver with re-configurable sensitivity, selectivity and bandwidth for signal detection, direct-finding, and parameter estimation.
- Zishu He, Zhongyuan Zhao, Jianzhong Zhang, Ting Chen, and Kexin Jia, “Method and Apparatus for An Implementation of Polyphase Filter Structure,” Patent CN101958697B, Issued Date: Nov. 14, 2012.
- Zhongyuan Zhao, M.S. (2009). “Design and Implementation of Channelized Digital Receiver based on PCI-Express,” M.S. Thesis. University of Electronic Science and Technology of China: P.R.China
Real-Time High Resolution Image Compression System
- Implementation of a real-time JPEG2000 compressor/decompressor of 20M pixels raw images with a frame rate of 4 fps from CCD sensor.
Digital Soft Starter of Asynchronized AC Motor (Bachelor Thesis)
- Designed a voltage and current feedback close-loop digital controller to reduce the mechanical and electrical impacts from high power motor in its starting process.
Swept-tuned Spectrum Analyzer, National 1st Prize in 2005 National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest, (4-day contest)
- National 1st prize (Top 3.8%, 173/4470)
- Designed and implemented an automatic spectrum analysis and modulation identification of analog signal under test for frequency range of 0.1–30MHz.
- A key performance of this spectrum analyzer is that it achieved fine spectral resolution of 200Hz with active crystal narrow band filter. I designed and implemented the analog superheterodyne frontend with dual-channel DDS signal source.
- Worked with 2 teammates, and 1 advisor.